In our seemingly disposable world, single use disposable products are taking over our landfills and polluting our oceans. The good news is, many of these items we use in our day to day lifestyle can be switched over to more eco friendly and sustainable options. Let’s look at a simple shift in how we dry our clothing.
Downside To Cling Sheets
Commercial dryer sheets often contain chemicals and irritants to soften your clothes, reduce static and make them smell good. They are rough and can damage delicate fibres on clothing too. They are used once and then tossed into the garbage, contributing to unnecessary waste.
Benefits Of Wool Dryer Balls
- Reusable with a lifespan up to 1000 loads of laundry,
- Eliminates the waste of single use chemical dryer sheets.
- Naturally hypoallergenic as the unscented wool doesn’t contain chemicals, dyes or other hidden irritants. Great for anyone with sensitivities.
- Wool naturally reduces static cling.
- Drying time is reduced as the balls allow more air circulation as they toss between clothing in the dryer. 2 balls are recommended in each load.
- Reduced drying time and electricity consumption saves you money.
- Option to add your favourite pure essential oils to the wool to make your linens smell fresh.
- Wool does not leech chemical plastic compounds that some plastic dryer balls can.
As you can see there are far more benefits to using wool dryer balls verse cling sheet while helping to eliminate the waste created from doing laundry. We will be sharing more ways to reduce your carbon footprint by making conscious choices over the next few weeks.